2013-06-06《第50课情景对话》

本文包含五段警局日常工作的对话场景,涉及警察与律师、同事、民众、教师及嫌疑人的交流。话题覆盖案件调查、职业晋升、失踪人口报告、学校教育合作以及犯罪审问等方面。

摘要生成于 C知道 ,由 DeepSeek-R1 满血版支持, 前往体验 >

Dialogue 1:

A: This department is going to be in serious trouble.
    这个部门将会有大麻烦。
B: Slow down. What are you talking about?
    等等,你在说什么?
A: My client has made some very convincing allegations of police brutality.
    我的当事人对警察的暴力行为,提出了一些非常有力的指控。
B: This is ridiculous. Your client is a heroin-addicted liar and thief.
    真荒唐!你的当事人是个吸海洛因成瘾的骗子和窃贼。
A: Where did he get those bruises on his ribs?
    那他肋部瘀伤是哪里来的?
B: How should I know? He lives on the streets.
    我怎么知道?他是露宿街头的人。
A: He claims that your officers assaulted him
    他指挥你们的警官袭击了他。
B: Oh, really? The way they tell it, he bit one officer and kicked another. They had to tackle him to the ground.
    哟,是吗?警官的说法是,他咬了一个警官,又用腿踢另一个。他们只得把他按倒在地上。
A: He says that they kicked him while he was on the ground.
    他说他躺在地上时,警察们踢了他。
B: Do you have any proof of these claims?
    你的这些指控有什么证据吗?
A: If they are true, then I will get proof.
    如果指控属实,我会得到证据的。
B: Let me save you some trouble. They are not true. Don’t worry about getting proof.
    让我帮你省点麻烦吧。这些指控全是假的,别费心去找什么证据了。
A: This is not the end of this situation. I’m requesting the files for the officers involved in the arrest.
    这件事没完!我请求查阅与逮捕行动的警察的档案。
B: I can tell you right now that those officers have good records. You won’t find anything helpful there.
    我现在就可以告诉你,这些警察都有良好的记录。你在档案里找不到任何对你有用的东西。
A: We’ll see about that. You’ll be hearing from me soon.
    我会跟进这件事,你们很快就会收到我的律师信。
B: I look forward to it. Have a nice day.
    我等着呢,祝你愉快。

 

 

Dialogue 2:
A: Hey,partner. Did you hear the good news?
    嗨,搭档,听到那个好消息了吗?
B: Yeah. You just made detective . Congratulations. I knew you’d get that promotion.
    听到了,你刚刚升为侦探,祝贺你。我就知道你会得到这项晋升的。
A: I wasn’t so sure. There aren’t many female detectives in this department.
    我不是很有信心。这一部门里女侦探不很多。
B: That's going to change in the future. I guess you get to stop wearing this uniform.
    这一点将来会改变的,我想你不能再穿这套制服了。
A: That's right. Starting next month, I will be in ordinary clothes for work.
    说得对,从下个月起我得穿便衣上班了。
B: And you get that nice gold badge?
    你得到那个漂亮的金徽章了吗?
A: Yeah, That and the pay raise are pretty nice.
    是的,这些再加上工资的提升,实在太好了。
B: What section will you be working in?
    你将在哪个科工作?
A: They are putting me in narcotics.
    他们把我安排在缉毒科。
B: That could be rough. Are you nervous?
    那挺难熬的。你紧张吗?
A: No, not really. I grew up with three brothers . I can handle anything after that.
    不,没什么。我和三个兄弟一起长大。有了这种经历,我能应付任何事情。
B: I guess you can. I wonder if I'll get a good new partner.
    我想你可以。我想知道我会不会有个新搭档。
A: Not as good as me, but you can teach them. Why don’t you apply to be a detective?
    他们可没我这么好。不过你可以教教他们。为什么你不申请做侦探呢?
B: I need another year of experience before I’m eligible .
    我还需要再多一年经验才够资格。
A: I see. When you are ready. Let me know. Maybe I can help your application.
    我明白了。当你准备好就告诉我。也许我能帮助你申请。
B: I'll bet you could . That would be really nice.
    我肯定你能帮忙,那太好了。
A: We still have to work together for now, though. Let’s get to work.
    不过,现在我们还得一起工作,走,工作去吧。

 

 

Dialogue 3:

A: Excuse me, sir. Could you help me?
    劳驾,警官。你能帮帮我吗?
B: Yes, ma’am. What can I do for you?
    是的,女士,有什么我可以为你效劳的?
A: I need to file a missing person’s report.
    我要报案,有人失踪了。
B: How long has this person been missing?
    这个人失踪多久了?
A: It’s my sister. She’s been missing since yesterday.
    是我姐姐,她从昨天开始就失踪了。
B: I’m sorry. We can’t consider her missing until 48 hours have passed.
    对不起,要等48小时后,我们才能认为她是失踪了。
A: What? That’s ridiculous. You have to help me.
   什么?简直荒唐,你得帮我。
B: I wish I could. But my hands are tied.
    我也希望我能帮上忙,但我必须遵守规定。
A: Why isn’t she considered missing until after 48 hours?
    为什么要等48小时过后才能认为她是失踪呢?
B: Sometimes people go somewhere without telling anyone.
     It wastes our time to look for someone only to find out she just stayed at her boyfriend’s house for the night.
    有时人们谁也没有告诉就去了某个地方。
     我们曾花费时间寻找某人,结果最后发现她只是到她的男朋友家里去过夜。
A: But I know my sister is missing. She was supposed to come home from work last ight. And she hasn’t.
    但我确定我姐姐是失踪了。她本应昨晚下班后就回家的,可是她没回来。
B: Look, I’m very sorry. Just come back tomorrow and we can help you then.
    好了,我很抱歉。你明天再来吧,到时我们再帮你找。
A: The police don’t do anything for ordinary people.
    警察一点也不为老百姓办事。
B: That’s not what I’m saying, ma’am.
    我可不是那样说的,女士。
A: Yes, it is. You people can’t help me. I’m going home.
    这是事实。你们不帮我。我回家了。
B: Those are the rules. I’m sorry. Come back in 24 hours.
    这些是规矩。对不起,24小时后再来吧。

 

 

Dialogue 4:

A: Excuse me, officer.
    打扰了,警官。
B: My name is Officer Hendrix. What can I do for you?
    我是亨德里克斯警官,有什么可以为你效劳的吗?
A: I’m a teacher at Newland Elementary school on Broad Street.
    我是勃罗德新兰德小学的一位老师。
B: Yes, I know that area.
    哦,我知道那个地方。
A: I’ve been told that your department sometimes has educational programs for children.
    有人告诉我你们的部门有时会开办一些为小孩子而设的教育活动。
B: Yes, that’s true. We have a variety of program topics. Is there something specific you’re interested in?
    是的。没错。我们有各种各样的活动主题。你对哪个主题比较感兴趣呢?
A: I was hoping you had some kind of anti-drug program.
    我希望你们会有什么反吸毒的活动。
B: We have several anti-drug programs. What are the ages of your students?
    我们有几种反吸毒的活动。你的学生是什么年龄段的?
A: I teach nine and ten-year-old children. Is that too young?
    我教九岁和十岁大的孩子。会不会年纪太小了?
B: Not at all. The sooner they learn about the dangers of drugs, the better.
    一点也不。越早知道毒品的害处越好。
A: I couldn’t agree with you more.
    我非常同意你的话。
B: For that age, I also recommend a program about not talking to strangers.
    对这个年龄的学生。我还向你推荐一个关于不要跟陌生人谈话的教育活动。
A: Yes, that would also be valuable for my students.
    对,那对我的学生也很有价值。
B: Take this card. This is the number for the community relations office.
    拿着这张名片。这是外联办公室的电话号码。
A: I see. What do they do?
    我知道了。他们是干什么的?
B: This is the office you need to talk to to set up your program. Give them a call.
    你需要联系这个办公室以便开展你们的活动,给他们打电话吧。
A: I’ll do that. Thanks. Officer Hendrix.
    我会的。谢谢你,亨德里斯警官。
B: Good luck.
    祝你好运。

 

 

Dialogue 5:

A: How are you doing today? Tom? I’m detective Larson.
    今天怎么样?汤姆?我是拉森侦探。
B: Can I smoke in here?
    我可以在这吸烟吗?
A: No, you may not. Get your feet off the table.
    不行,你不能吸烟。把你的脚从桌子上拿下来。
B: What am I being held here for?
    为什么要把我扣留在这里?
A: You know very well that you’re here on a robbery charge. You want to talk about that?
    你心里很清楚,你在这里是被指控抢劫。你要交待一下吗?
B: I don’t know what you’re talking about.
    我不明白你在说什么?
A: Before we go any further. I need to let you know your rights.
    在我们进一步审讯前,我有必要让你知道你的权利。
B: Yes, jes. I know them.
    好了,好了,我知道这些权利。
A: You have the right to remain silent.
    If you choose not to remain silent, anything you say can be used against you in a court of law.
    You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney one will be appointed for you.
    Do you understand these rights?
    你有权保持沉默。
    如果你选择不保持沉默,你说的任何东西都可能会成为你的呈堂证供。
    你有权请律师。如果你请不起律师,我们会给你指定一名律师。
    你明白这些权利吗?
B: Yes. I do. I’ve heard it all before.
    我明白,我以前全听过了。
A: I’m sure you have. Now, do you want to talk about where you were last Tuesday night?
    我肯定你听过了。现在,你想交待上个星期二晚上你在哪里吗?
B: What night was that?
    那是哪一天晚上?
A: That was the night of the 16th. I’m sure you remember. Quit playing games.
    那是16日晚上,我肯定你记得很清楚,别耍花样了。
B: I was probably at work. I work at the shipping plant.
    我大概在上班吧。我在船厂上班。
A: I know that and I know you get off work at 7 p.m. Where did you go?
    这我清楚。而且我还知道你晚上7点钟就下班了。你去了哪里?
B: I don’t remember. Maybe I went to sleep.
    我不记得了,也许我去睡觉了。
A: Look. Witnesses say there were two other men with you. You have a good record.
    You give me those men’s names and maybe we can make a deal.
    听着。有目击证人说有两个男人和你在一起。你的记录良好.
    如果你告诉我这两个人的名字,也许我们可以作个交易。
B: I want to call my lawyer. We’ve done talking.
    我想见我的律师,我们就谈到这。
A: Fine. Tom. If you want to be stupid, then you go right ahead.
    好的。汤姆。如果你想做蠢事,那随你的便。
B: Just get me my lawyer.
    把我的律师叫来就行。

评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值