2013-05-05《第十五课情景对话》

本文包含五个日常生活中的对话场景,涉及讨论同事病情、询问位置、解决紧急事务、评论新闻事件及家庭维修决策等内容。

摘要生成于 C知道 ,由 DeepSeek-R1 满血版支持, 前往体验 >

Dialogue 1:

A: Did you hear about Jerry?
    你听说Jerry的事了吗?
B: Yeah, he's supposed to be real sick.
    听说了。大家都说他病得很严重。
A: That's what I heard too.
    我也听说这样。
B: Do you know why he is sick?
    你知道他为什么生病吗?
A: No, to be honest, I'm not certain.
    不知道。老实说,我是不肯定。
B: I thought it was just an ordinary flu.  
    我原以为只是普通流感罢了。
A: That's probably it, but it seems to be a little worse than that.
    可能就是那样。只是似乎比那更糟糕一点。
B: Maybe. I think the doctor isn't sure.
    也许吧。我想医生也不肯定。
A: Did the doctor even have a guess?
    医生作过什么猜测吗?
B: He said it could be an infection.   
    他说那有可能会感染病。
A: Well, that's not very helpful. He could be more specific.      
    那话没什么用。他应该更详细一点。
B: I know, especially since we work with Jerry.
    我知道。尤其因为我们跟Jerry一起工作。
A: Yeah, I hate to catch what he has.
    是啊。我讨厌染上像他那样的病。
B: Me too. I wish we could know for sure.
    我也是。我希望我们能知道得确切些。

 

 

Dialogue 2:

A: Do you have any idea where we are right now?
    你知道我们现在在哪里吗?
B: I couldn't say for sure.
    我不太肯定。
A: What would you guess?
    你猜呢?
B: Well, we turned off of Houston Avenue about five minutes ago.
    我们大约5分钟之前在Houston大道转弯。
A: That sounds right. Yes, I think that's true.
    对。是的,我想那是正确的。
B: Okay, and I think we headed south, but I'm not positive about that.        
    那好,然后我想我们向南走,但我不是很肯定。
A: No, we turned left about a minute ago, so we're no longer pointing south.
    不,我们已经在一分钟之前左转,因此我们不再向南走了。
B: You're right. We must be headed east again.
    你是对的。我们一定是在向东走了。
A: And we're been driving about a minute east already.
    而且我们已经向东走了好一会儿。
B: So we're somewhere near the harbor.       
    那么我们就在码头附近了。
A: I wish we knew for certain where the highway was.
    我希望我们能确切知道高速公路在哪里。
B: No way to tell. I think we should keep going east.
    鬼知道。我想我们应该继续向东走。
A: If you're confident that this is east. Okay, we'll go this way.
    如果你敢保证这是东边的话,我们就沿这条路走吧。
B: Well, I can't be certain, but let's give this direction a try.
    我不能保证,但我们就试试这个方向吧。
A: At this point, what harm could it do?
    到了这个时候,还能有什么害处呢?
B: That's exactly what I was thinking.
    我正这么想的。

 

 


Dialogue 3:

A: Where are you going?
    你要去哪里?
B: I'm going to Mr. Hampton's office.
    我要到Hampton先生的办公室里去。
A: What for?
    干什么?
B: Well, if you must know, I'm turning in a late assignment.
    如果你一定要知道的话,我是要去交一份迟到的作业。
A: The only reason I ask is that I'm not certain he's there right now.
    我这样问的唯一原因是我不能肯定他现在在那里。
B: Why not?
    为什么不肯定呢?
A: I thought I saw him leave school about 30 minutes ago.
    我想我是在30分钟之前见到他离开了学校。
B: That's awful. What can I do now?
    那真糟糕了。我现在该怎么办呢?
A: Can you turn it in tomorrow?
    你不能明天再交吗?
B: I don't think so. I'm not sure, but I'd rather not wait.
    我想不能。我不知道,但我不愿等了。
A: Maybe you could just slip it under his door.
    也许你可以从他的门下塞进去。
B: That's a good idea. I hope that is acceptable to Mr. Hampton.
    那是个好主意。我希望那对汉普顿先生来说是可以接受的。
A: I'm sure he'll accept it, even if it is late.
    我想他会接受的,即使是迟了一点。
B: Thanks for the idea. I'll go over there now.
    谢谢你的主意。我现在就去。
A: Okay. Good luck.
    好的,祝你好运。

 

 

 

Dialogue 4:

A: Did you see the newspaper today? There're starting the Smith murder trial.        
    你看了今天的报纸了吗?Smith谋杀开审了。
B: That's what I heard. Do you think he did it?
    我也听说了。你认为使他干的吗?
A:I'm positive that he did it.
    我敢肯定是他干的。
B:How can you be so sure?
    你怎么那么肯定?
A: He confessed to the police.
    他向警方认罪了。
B: He says that they forced him to confess.
    他说他是被迫认罪的。
A:Oh, come on. How would they force him to confess?
    哦,别来这一套。他们怎么会迫他认罪呢?
B:I'm sure they have ways. Besides, his lawyer wasn't informed, so the  confession doesn't count.        
    我肯定他们有办法。况且,他的律师还没有被通知,所以这认罪是不算数的。
A:Well, they also found his fingerprints at the scene.        
    他们还在现场发现了他的指纹。
B:That makes sense. He says he found the body.
    那是有原因的。他说他发现尸体。
A:I don't believe him.
   我不相信他。
B:I'm not so sure. What motive did he have?
   我不敢说。他会有什么动机呢?
A:How should I know? He's crazy.
   我怎么知道?他是疯的。
B:Oh, that's not fair.
   哦,那不公平。
A: Do you think the police made a mistake? Could you do a better job?
   你认为警方搞错了吗?你能做得更好吗?
B:Maybe not, but the police make mistakes all the time.
   也许不能,但警察经常会搞错的。
A:Well, I think he did it. I'm certain of it.
   反正我想是他干的。我肯定。
B:With that kind of logic, it's a good thing you're not on the jury. I'm certain of that much.      
   以那种逻辑,你不在陪审团里真是件好事,这一点我十分肯定。

 

 


Dialogue 5:

A: Dear, did you call the plumber yet?
    亲爱的,你打电话给水管工了吗?
B: No, I told you I'll care of the sink myself.
   没有,我告诉过你我会自己搞定这个水槽的。
A:Oh, please don't try that again.
   哦,请别再做那样的尝试了。
B:What? Don't you have any confidence in my abilities?        
   什么?难道你对我的能力没有一点信心吗?
A:No, I don't. Call the plumber.
   没有。叫水管工来。
B:Why do you say that?
   你为什么说那样的话呢?
A:Remember the washing machine? You didn't do a very good job with that.
   你还记得那个洗衣机吗?你上次没把它修好。
B:Yes, but I learned. I'm certain I can fix the sink. Just give me a chance.
   是的,但是我学到东西啦。我保证我能修好水槽。就给我一次机会嘛。
A:Not this time. We can afford a plumber. Call him.      
   这次就不要了。我们还请得起水管工。打电话给他。
B:Okay, fine. I'll call a plumber. 
   好的,我会叫一个水管工来的。

评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值