2013-05-03《第十四课情景对话 》

本文包含五组日常对话场景,涉及大学选择、汽车问题、教育基金筹备、毕业规划及工作变动等主题。

摘要生成于 C知道 ,由 DeepSeek-R1 满血版支持, 前往体验 >

Dialogue 1:

A: What are you reading, honey?
    你看什么呢,亲爱的?
B: It's something sent by the University of Ohio, Dad.
    是Ohio大学寄来的一些东西,爸爸。
A: I thought you were thinking about going to Florida State University.
    我还以为你在考虑读Florida州立大学呢。
B: I was, but this looks interesting.
    本来是的,但这个看起来也不错。
A: Why is that?
    何以见得?
B: It's hard to say. I think I just like the feel of Ohio better.
    很难说清楚。我想我就是喜欢Ohio的感觉多一些。
A: Is that all? No other difference?
    就那么多了吗?没其他分别了吗?
B: Well, I think Ohio has a better biology department than Florida.
    我想Ohio的生物系比Florida的好一些。
A: Is that what you want to study?
    那是你想要学的吗?
B: I think so, but I may change my mind after four years.
    是的。但也许在4年后我会改变主意。
A: Just make sure you decide on something you enjoy. That's the most important thing.
    一定要选你喜欢的东西。那是最重要的。
B: That's also the most difficult thing. I'll keep thinking about it.
    那又是最难作决定的。我会继续考虑的。

 

 

Dialogue 2:

A: Today was just awful.     
     今天倒霉透了。
B: Why? What happened?
    为什么?发生什么事了?
A: I was two hours late for work. That stupid car broke down again.
    我上班迟到了两个小时。那辆破车又坏了。
B: Again? We just had it serviced last month.
    又坏了?我们上个月才刚刚去修过啊。
A: I think we need to give up and admit that the car had died.
    我想我们得放弃了,干脆承认那车子已经完蛋了算了。
B: Yeah, I guess you're right.
    好,我想你是对的。
A: Do you think we can afford another?
    你觉得我们能再买一辆吗?
B: We may just have to share my car for a while.
    我们也许暂时得用我那一辆车。
A: Yes, but that's awfully inconvenient.      
    是的,但那太不方便了。
B: I agree, but what can we do?
    我知道,但我们又能怎么办呢?
A: My friend's father owns a car dealership. Maybe he can help us.       
    我朋友的爸爸是卖汽车的。也许他能帮到我们。
B: Maybe. But we can't afford too much right now.
    也许吧。但我们目前付不起太多的钱。

 

 


Dialogue 3:

A: Do you know what we need to do?
    你知道我们要做什么吗?
B: What?
    什么?
A: We need to start a college fund for Tyler.
    我们需要开始为Tyler准备上大学的钱。
B: But he's not yet four years old. He won't be in college for another fourteen years.
    但他连4岁都不到。他还有14年才上大学呢。
A: Yes, but it's never too early to start saving.
    是的,但赚钱是越早开始越好的。
B: Do you really think so?
    你真的是这样想的吗?
A: I just read an article about how expensive college is already. It's only going to get more expensive.
    我刚读到一篇文章,讲到读大学已经非常昂贵了,而且只会越来越贵。
B: I have heard that some families start very early saving for college.
    我听说过一些家庭很早就开始为大学赚钱了。
A: I think we should as well. If you want, I'll call an accountant tomorrow.   

    我想我们也应该了。如果你肯,我明天就叫一个会计师。
B: Okay, give him a call and see what he says.
    好的,给他打个电话,看他怎么说。

 

 

 

Dialogue 4:

A: Hey, Sean, do you know what you're doing after graduation?        
    嗨,Sean,你知道毕业后要做什么了吗?
B: No idea. What about you?
    不知道,你呢?
A: Actually, I've been considering a job in China.
    事实上,我一直在考虑在中国找一份工作。
B: Really? Doing what?
    真的吗?做什么呢?
A: Teaching English.
    教英语。
B: Are you going to take the job?
    你打算以这个为职业吗?
A: I'll probably take it. It's a big change.
    可能吧。这是一个大转变。
B: I don't know anything about the place.
    我对那地方一无所知。
A: I think I'll like it. How bad could it be?
    我想我会喜欢它的。它能坏到哪里去呢?
B: It's probably a good opportunity. And you won't have a better time later in life.
    可能这是一个好机会。以后的生活中你再也找不到比那更好的时光了。
A: That's probably true. I think it could be interesting.
    也许吧,我想应该会很有趣。
B: Anyway, it sounds better than my plans. Good luck.
    不管怎么样,听起来比我的计划好。祝你好运。

 

 

Dialogue 5:

A: I'm thinking about quitting my job.   

   我在考虑放弃这个工作。

B: Well, this is a sudden decision.   

    啊,这么突然的决定啊。
A: Actually, I've been sort of thinking about it for a little while.
    事实上,我已经想了好一段时间了。
B: You could have told me earlier.
    你应该早点告诉我。
A: I'm telling you now. Anyway, I haven't made up my mind yet.
    我现在不就在告诉你吗。不管怎么说,我还没拿定主意呢。
B: Why do you want to quit?
    你为什么要辞职呢?
A: I'm just not happy there. I don't think I have much of a future with my company.
    我只是在那里不开心。我觉得我在我那个公司没有什么前途。
B: What do you think you want to do?
    你想要干什么呢?
A: I don't know. I haven't really thought about it.
    我不知道。我还没认真想过。
B: Well, you probably should think about it before you do anything too drastic.     

    在你还没作出什么太仓促的决定之前也许你应该考虑清楚

评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值