2013-05-13《第42课情景对话》

这篇博客记录了图书馆中的几个情境对话,包括借书、还书、逾期罚款的处理,图书馆内的安静阅读环境,寻找图书以及图书馆工作人员的服务。对话展示了读者与图书馆员之间的互动,以及学习和交流的情景。

摘要生成于 C知道 ,由 DeepSeek-R1 满血版支持, 前往体验 >

Dialogue1:
A: Are these the books you’re checking out?
   这些书是你要借出去的吗?
B: Yes.they are. When are they due back?
   是的。什么时候到期。
A: You can have them for one month. May I see your card?
   你可以借一个月。能把你的卡给我看看吗?
B: Oh, sure. I forgot. Here you go.
  噢。当然可以。我忘了。这给你。
A: Thank you. Oh. I’m sorry. It seems you still have a book overdue.
   谢谢。噢,对不起。看来你还有一本书过期没还。
B: What? I don’t understand. What book?
   什么?我不明白。什么书?
A: The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. Does that sound familiar?
   《罗马帝国的没落》,听起来耳熟吗?
B: Oh, no. I loaned that to my friend. I thought he returned it.
   噢,我把它借给我的朋友了。我还以为他给还了。
A: It looks like he didn’t.
   似乎他还没有。
B: Does that mean I can’t have any books until i return this one?
   那是不是意味着我要还了这本书才能借其它的书?
A: Yes. I’m afraid that’s our rule.
   是的。恐怕我们的规定是这样的。
B: What is the fine on that book right now?
   现在那本书的罚金是多少了?
A: Right now you own S3.7. it’s so.5o a day for over due books.
   现在你是欠了$3.70.过期书籍每天罚款$0.50.
B: I’m so sorry. I’ll to my place right now and bring it back
   真对不起。我马上回去把它拿来。
A: We close in an hour. Do you have time?
   我们还有一人上小时就关门了。你够时间吗?
B: Yes. I live right nearby. Can you just hold these books here for a
little bit?
   够的。我就住在这附近。这些书能在这里放一会儿吗?
A: Sure. They’ll be ready too check out when you get back .
   当然可以。你回来的时候就可以把它们借出去了。
B: Thanks. I 'll be back soon.
  谢谢,我很快回来。

 

 

Dialogue2:
A: What page are you on?
   你看到第几页了?
B: I’m on page 78. why do you ask?
   我看到第78页了。怎么了?
A: I was just curious. You read fast.
   我只是好奇,你读得很快。
B: I read faster if my friends don’t keep asking me questions.
   如果我的朋友不是老问我问题的话,我会读得更快一点的。
A: Am I really bothering you?
  我真的是打扰到你了吗?
B: This is library, You’re not supposed to talk anyway.
   这里是图书馆,怎么说,这里是不准谈话的。
A: It’s okay if you whisper.
   小声说没问题的。
B: No it’s not . it still annoys other people.
   有。小声说还是会干扰到别人。
A: I’m going to to somewhere else to study where I can talk.
   我要到别的地方去学习,去一个我可以说话的地方。
B: if you talk. Then you can’t study.
   如果你说话的话,你就不能学习了。
A: maybe you’re right. But I need a break. I’m getting bored.
   也许你说得对。但我需要休息一下。我觉得很闷了。
B: Just make sure you’re prepared for class tomorrow.
   反正你能确保准备好明天的课就行了。
A: I will be. It’s not that late right now. I’ve got plenty of time.
   我会的。现在也不是太晚。我还有充足的时间。
B: Where are you going now?
   你现在要去哪里?
A: I don’t know. Maybe I’ll go to the student union buitding to get
a snack. Do you want to come?
   我不知道,可能去学生会大楼买点东西吃吧。你要来吗?
B: No. I’m really focused right now on studying. I’ll see you later.
   不。我现在正学得入神。待会儿见。
A: Suit yourself. I’ll see you later. Bye.
   随便你吧。待会儿见。再见。
B: Bye.
  再见。

 

 

Dialogue3
A: Excuse me.
   打扰一下。
B: yes. Can I help you?
   有什么能帮你吗?
A: I’m looking for a book for class. The computer says that is’s
here.but I couldn’t fine it on the shelf.
   我正在找一本上课要用的书。电脑查到它在这儿,但我在架子上找不到。
B: What’s the title of the book?
   书名是什么?
A: It’s called being and Nonbeing.
   叫《存在与非存在》
B: I see what the problem is. One copy is on reserve for a professor
and the other copy is checked out
   我知道为什么了。一本是留着给一位教授的,另一体被别人借走了。
A: Oh. That’s too bad.
   噢,那真是糟糕。
B:  I can reserve the checked out copy for you.
   我可以预留那本借了出去的给你。
A: What does that mean?
   那是什么意思?
B: When the book is returned I can call you. It’s due next week.
   那本书被归还了我就打电话给你。下星期就到期了。
A: Great. Yes. Please reserve that copy for me.
   太好了。拜托给我留着那一本啦。
B: Your phone number on your library card correct?
  你在借书证上的电话号码是正确的吗?
A: Yes. It is.
  是的。
B: Good. We’ll give you a call when it gets here.
   那好。有书的时候我们就给你电话。
A: Thank you. Have a nice day.
   谢谢你,愿你今天愉快。
B: You too. Goodbye.
  你也是。再见。

 

 

 

Dialogue4:
A: Hey, Nathan. I didn’t know you worked in the library.
   嗨,内森。我都不知道你在图书馆里工作呢。
B: Yeah. I started working here a week ago.
   是啊。我一星期之前才开始在这儿工作。
A: This job looks easy. All you do is sit here and check out books to
people.
   这份工作看起来很轻松。你要做的就是坐在这里,把书借出去。
B: Sometimes I have to go around and put books back on the shelf.
   有时我要四处走动把书放回书架上。
A: That can’t be too hard. Don’t you get bored?
   那也不会很难。你不觉得闷吗?
B: Not really. I get all my homework done here and I can play around
on the internet.
   一点也不。我在这里作完所有作业,还可以上网。
A: Really? How do I get a job here?
   真的吗?我怎样才能在这里工作?
B: I don’t think you can. They don’t need anyone right now.
   我想你不可以了。他们眼下不需要人了。
A: I’m tired of working at the campus bookstore.
   我厌倦在学校书店里工作了。
B: I’m sorry to hear that. I get off work in an hour. Will you still
be here then?
   听你这样说我很抱歉,我还有一个小时就下班了。你还会在这儿吗?
A: Sure. I’m just going to be studying downstairs.
   在。我正要到楼下学习。
B: Come get me in an hour.
  一个小时后来接我。
A: What do you want to do?
   你想干什么?
B: I don’t know. I’m pretty hungry.
  我不知道。我很饿了。
A: Let’s go get a burger off campus.
   让我们到学校外面吃汉堡包吧。
B: That would be great. I’ll see you in an hour.
   那太好了。一个小时后见。

 

 

 

Dialogue5:
A: What are you looking for?
   你在找什么书?
B: Nothing in particular. I’m just browsing the history section.
   没什么。我只是浏览一下历史类的书而已。
A: I didn’t know you liked history.
   我都不知道你喜欢历史呢。
B: Sometimes it’s interesting to read.
   有时读历史挺有趣的。
A: I agreed. I’m reading a pretty good book about Prohibition right
now.
   我同意。我现在正在读一本很不错的关于禁酒令的书。
B: Isn’t that when they outlawed alcohol?
   那不是他们规定酒精违法的时候吗?
A: Yes. And that caused a growth in organized crime. It’s a good
book.
   是的。那次运动造成有组织犯罪率上升。这是一本好书。
B: I need something new to read. I was hoping they’d have a good book
on Chinese history.
    我需要读一些新的东西,我希望他们有关于中国历史的好书。
A: Any luck?
   找到了吗?
B: Not yet. I don’t think they have much non-Western history in this
library.
   还没有。我想他们没有多少非西方历史的书。
A: probably not. You should go to the bookstore.
   可能是没有。你该去书店找找。
B: Yes. But that’s expensive. Library books are free.
   是的。但那很贵。图书馆的书是免费的。
A: Well. Good luck finding some Chinese history books.
   那祝你有好运气,能找到讲中国历史的书。
B: What are you doing now?
   你现在要干什么?
A: I’ve got to meet Lisa downstairs to study.
   我约了丽莎在楼下学习。
B: Okay. I’ll see you later.
   好吧。等会儿见。

 

评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值