2013-05-11《第二十四课情景对话》

本文通过五组对话展示了不同文化背景的人们在美国相遇并交流的经历。涵盖了课堂合作、日常对话、餐厅交流、旅行遇见以及职场互动等多个场景。

摘要生成于 C知道 ,由 DeepSeek-R1 满血版支持, 前往体验 >

Dialogue 1
A:  Did you get the assignment [?'sa?nm?nt] for today’s class?
     你知道今天的课堂作业吗?
B:  Yes. We have to read the next two chapters.
     知道。我们要读接下来的两章。
A:  Thanks. I’m Henry, by the way.
     谢谢。我是亨利,顺便说一声。
B:  I’m Leo. If you don’t mind my asking. Where are you from?
     我是利奥。如果你不介意的话,我想问一下你是从哪里来的?
A:  I’m from Pittsburgh.['p?tsb?g]
     我是从匹兹堡来的。
B:  Oh, I’m from California[,k?l?'f?rnj?]. Where is your family from?
     哦,我来自加利福尼亚,你的家族从哪里来的?
A:  Pittsburgh. You mean, where are my ancestors ['?ns?st?] from?
     匹兹堡 。你的意思是说我的祖先是哪里的吗?
B:  Yes.
     是的。
A:  My great-grandfather came here from China.
     我的曾祖父从中国来到这里。
B:  Do you speak Chinese?
     你说中文的吗?
A:  Not a bit. Do you?
     一点也不会, 你呢?
B:  Of course not. I’m not Chinese.
     当然不。我也不是中国人。
A:  Neither am I. I just look Chinese.
     我也不是,我只是看起来像中国人。
B:  I see. How stupid of me.
     我明白了,我真笨。
A:  No. I hear that question often. I’m completely American,though.
     不,我经常被人家那样问。但我完完全全是美国人。

 

 

Dialogue 2
A:  Is this seat taken?
     这个位子有人吗?
B:  No. Let me move my shirt.
     没有,让我拿开我的衬衫
A:  You mean “coat”. That ‘s your coat.
     你在说 “大衣”,那是你的大衣。
B:  I’m sorry. My English is not so good.
     对不起,我的英语不是很好。
A:  No problem. Where are you from?
     没问题,你是哪里来的?
B:  I’m Russian. My name is Ivan.
     我是俄罗斯人,我的名字是伊凡。
A:  My name is Adam. Are you here on vacation?
     我的名字是亚当。你是来这儿度假的?
B:  Yes,I am. It’s very nice.but a little hotter than I expected.
     是的,这里很好,只是比我预期中热了一点儿。
A:  Really? It’s only going to get hotter this summer.
     是吗?这个夏天只会更热。
B:  At least this train is air-conditioned.
     至少这辆火车安装了空调。
A:  That’s true. My great-grandmother was from Russia.
     说的对,我的曾祖母也是从俄罗斯来的。
B:  She was? Where was she from?
     是吗?她来自哪里?
A:  I think Moscow ['mɑsko] . I’m not sure.
     我想是莫斯科吧,我不确定。
B:  I went to school in Moscow. I studied engineering .
     我在莫斯科上过学,我是学工程学的。
A:  That’s what I’m studying now.
     那也是我正在学的。
B:  Good! Then maybe we can learn much on this train ride from each other.
     很好,那么也许我们在这趟车上互相能学到很多东西。

 

 

 

Dialogue 3
A:  I really like this restaurant. It’s one of the best in town.
     我真的喜欢这间餐厅,这是城里最好的餐厅之一。
B:  It’s a Mexican restaurant. I thought you were Cuban. 

     这是一间墨西哥餐厅,我原以为你是古巴人。
A:  I am. But my wife is Mexican. I’ve learned much about Mexican food.
     我是,但我的妻子是墨西哥人。我知道很多关于墨西哥菜的东西。
B:  That makes sense. What’s good to eat here?
     那有道理,这里有什么好吃的?
A:  The burritos  are quite good. They’re not too spicy,either.
     墨西哥的面饼卷很不错。而且不会太辣。
B:  By the way. How long have you been here?
     顺便问一下,你到这里多久了?
A:  Do you mean, in America?
     你意思是,到美国?
B:  Yes. When did you get to this country?
     是的,你什么时候到这个国家的?
A:  I came with my mother when I was eight.
     我8岁的时候跟我妈妈来到这里。
B:  I didn’t mean to pry.
     我不是有意要盘问你。
A:  It’s no problem.I’ve been very happy since we came here.
     没事儿,我们来了这里以后生活很愉快。
B:  That’s good to hear. I guess you must really appreciate [?'pri??,et] this place.
     听到你这样说真好。我想你一定是真正喜欢上这个地方了。
A:  I do. Next month I’ll become an official  citizen. My wife is already a citizen.
     是的,下个月,我就会成为一名正式的公民了,我妻子已经是公民了。
B:  That’s great.why did you say something earlier?
     那太棒了,你怎么不早说?
A:  I wanted to make certain first.
     我本想先确定一下。
B:  Congratulations [k?n,gr?t??'le??n] . Welcome to being an American.
     恭喜,欢迎你成为美国人。

 

 

Dialogue 4
A:  Are you finished with that newspaper?
     你看完那张报纸了吗?
B:  Yes. Here you go.
     看完了,你看吧。
A:  Thanks. Do you want it back when I’m finished?
     谢谢,我看完后你要拿回去吗?
B:  No, keep it. By the way. I couldn’t help noticing your accent  . Are you Irish? 
     不用,你留着吧。对了,顺便问一下,你注意到你的口音,你是爱尔兰人吗?
A:  No. I’m Scottish .   You Americans often get those confused.
     不,我是苏格兰人。你们美国人经常给弄混淆。
B:  You sound very similar to us.
     你的话跟我们很相像。
A:  Well, at least you didn’t think I was Australian  . I often hear that.
     至少你没想过我是澳大利亚人。我老是听人家那么说。
B:  I used to have an Australian boyfriend. So I know that accent. I’m Stacy.
     我曾经有过一位澳大利亚的男朋友,所以我清楚那口音,我是斯达司。
A:  I’m Kim. Pleased to meet you.
     我是金,很高兴见到你。
B:  Why are you in the U.S.?
     你怎么会到美国来的呢?
A:  I work for a British company here. But right now I’m on vacation.
     我在这里为一家英国公司工作。但现在我在休假。
B:  Where are you going ?
     你打算去哪里?
A:  I’m going out West. I like the outdoors.
     我要到西部去,我喜欢户外。
B:  That’s nice. I’m from Colorado  . It’s very pretty out there.
     那挺好,我是科罗拉多来的。那里的户外景色非常漂亮。
A:  Yes. I want to see the Rocky  mountains. Perhaps you can tell me about them.
     是的,我想去看看落基山脉。也许你可以跟我讲讲它。
B:  I’d love to.
     非常乐意。

 

 

Dialogue 5
A:  How do you like working here so far?
     到目前为止你觉得在这里工作怎么样?
B:  It’s pretty good. Actually. everyone is very nice.
     挺好的,老实说,每一个人都很好。
A:  You’re from Kenya  ,right?
     你是肯尼亚来的,对吗?
B:  No. I ‘m from Nigeria .
     不,我是尼日利亚来的。
A:  I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to offend  you.
     对不起,我不是有意冒犯你的。
B:  No,offense taken. I’m used to it.
     没什么冒犯,我都习惯了。
A:  If you don’t mind. I wanted to ask a favor of you.
     如果你不介意的话,我想请你帮个忙。
B:  I don’t mind .what do you need?
     不介意,你需要什么呢?
A:  My wife is black. I mentioned you to her.
     She wanted to have you come over for dinner. She’s very curious  about Africa.
     我妻子是黑人,我跟她提到过你,她想请你到我家来吃饭。她对非洲非常好奇。
B:  That sounds interesting . I hope I can help her.
     请起来挺有趣的,我希望我能帮到她。
A:  Great! She’d love it. She’s very interesting in where her family came from.
     太好了,她会很喜欢的。她很有兴趣知道她的家庭是从哪里来的。
B:  Well, I don’t know that much about history.
     我对历史知道并不多。
A:  It doesn’t matter. She’d love to talk to you. How does Sunday night sound to you?
     没关系,她会很喜欢跟你说话的。你觉得这个星期天晚上怎么样?
B:  That sounds fine. I’ll see you then.
     可以,到时见。


 

评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值