2013-06-06《第46课情景对话》

本文分享了在邮局办理护照服务的过程体验,包括等待时间、邮寄费用、申请表格填写等细节,以及对政府通过邮局提供此类服务的思考。

摘要生成于 C知道 ,由 DeepSeek-R1 满血版支持, 前往体验 >

Dialogue1:
A: Excuse me. Are you in this line?
   对不起,你是站这一排的吗?
B: Yes. I’m sorry. I wasn’t paying attention.
   是的。抱歉,我走神了。
A: I can understand. It’s not very exciting to wait in line at the
post office.
   可以理解。在邮局里排队可不是件令人兴奋的事情。
B: Especially at lunchtime. Everyone comes here because it’s the only
free time they have during the day.
   尤其是在午餐时间。人人都在这个时候来这里。因为这是大家一天中唯一空
间的时间。
A: I know. I’ve got to mail this stuff for my boss, so I don’t mind
the wait. I’m just getting paid to wait.
   我明白。我得帮我的老板寄这件东西。所以我不介意等候。因为人家付我薪
水来排队。
B: Not me. I have one hour for lunch. I don’t want to spend it here.
   我可不是这样。我只有一小时吃午餐。我可不想全花在这里。
A: What are you mailing. If I can ask?
   我可以问你要寄什么吗?
B: It’s just a letter to my mother. She lives in New York.
   只是寄封信给我妈。她信在纽约。
A: I’ve got to mail one of these letters to Japan.
   我得将这些信中其中一封寄到日本去。
B: Wow. That’s got to be expensive. Are you air-mailing it?
   哇。那一定很贵吧。你是寄航空信吗?
A: We have to. It’s got to be in Tokyo by next week.
   我必须这样做。因为这封信下星期前必须寄到东京。
B: Hey. Look. The line’s getting shorter.
   嗨,看,人龙短了一些了。
A: If I were you. I’d bring my lunch here and eat in line.
   换了我,我会将午餐带来这里,边吃边排队。
B: I think I’ll do that next time.
   我想下次我会这样做的。
A: Look, it’s your turn at the counter.
   看。轮到你了。
B: It was nice talking to you.
   很高兴和你聊天。

 

 

Dialogue2
A: can I help you?
能为你效劳吗?
B: yes. I need to have this package air-mailed
好的。我要航空邮寄这件包裹。
A: yes , you can. Let me weigh it first.
可以。先让我称一下它的重量。
B: how much does it weigh?
它有多重?
A: four and a half kilograms .where are you mailing this ?
4.5公斤。你要寄到哪里去尼?
B: los Angeles, California .how much is it going to cost ?
寄到加州的洛棚矶。要花多少钱?
A: let me see. The total for air mail will be $12.43
让我看看。航空邮寄的总价格是12 4美元3美分。
B: will it get there in two days?
两天内能寄到吗?
A: maybe .maybe not. it will get there in less than 4 days.
也许能,也许不能。但包裹会在四天内到达。
B: but you can’t guarantee it will arrive in 2 days?
就是说你们不能保证它能在两天内寄到。
A: no. you can pay for overnight mail service. Though.
不能。不过。你可以使用二十四小时速递服务。
B:  fine .how much will that be?
好的。那要花多少钱?
A:  overnight mail service would cost $23.00
二十四小时速递服务将花23美元。
B: that should be good.
那挺好的。
A: okay, sign here.
好吧。在这里签名。填表
B: thanks. Have a nice day.
谢谢。祝你有愉快的一天。

 

 

Dialogue3:
A: Hello. Can I speak to a supervisor here?
   你好。我可以和主管谈谈吗?
B: I’m a supervisor. What can I do for you?
   我就是主管。有什么能为你做的吗?
A: I’ve been expecting a package that should have been here two weeks
ago.
   我一直在等一个包裹。这包裹两星期前应该寄到这里来了。
B: What’s your name and address. Sir?
   你的名字和地址是什么?先生?
A: Robert Jeffries. 610 Pendleton St. Greenville, SC.
   罗伯特.杰弗里斯。南卡罗来纳州格林威尔盘德里顿街610号。
B: Well. Mr. Jeffries. There is no package here with your name on it.
   可是。杰弗里斯先生。这里没有写着你名字的包裹。
A: No. that’s impossible. It should be here.
   不会的。那不可能。它应该寄到了。
B: Is this certified mail?
   是用带回执的邮寄方式寄的吗?
A: Yes. Do you want the tracking confirmation number?
   是的。你需要跟踪确认号码吗?
B: That would be helpful.
   那会有帮助。
A: That number is 450147.
   号码是450147
B: Let me look that up on our computer. Yes, it seem you’re right.
That package should be here.
   让我在电脑上查找一下。是的。看起来你是对的。那个包裹应该在这里。
A: Good. But where is it now?
   很好。可是它现在在哪里呢?
B: I’m looking that up. It seems that it was last at our Memphis
office.
   我正在查。似乎最后它是到了我们的美姆菲斯分局。
A: Where is it now?
   现在它在哪呢?
B: I’m going to have to make an inquiry. I’ll call you sometime
tomorrow with more information.
   我将得去查询一下。明天某个时间我会给你电话。告诉你更多的情况。
A: Great. My office number is 345-9872. call me anytime during the day
tomorrow. I’m not happy about this.
   好极了。我的办公室电话是345-9872。明天可以随时给我电话。我对这件事
感到很不高兴。
B: I’m very sorry. I’ll call you as soon as I know something.
   对不起,我一了解到情况就给你电话。

 

 

Dialogue 4:
A: These are some interesting stamps here.
   这有一些有趣的邮票。
B: Let me see. Oh. Yeah. They have cartoon stamps now.
   让我看看。噢,真的。他们现在发行卡通邮票了。
A: I suppose it’s an attempt to make the government seem friendlier.
   我猜这是政府亲民的一种尝试。
B: Do you want to get some of those stamps?
   你想买一些这些邮票吗?
A: I guess so. They could make our envelopes look more interesting.
   是的。它们能够使我们的信封看起来更有趣。
B: They’re at least better than the flower stamps we have at home.
   它们至少比我们家里的鲜花邮票好。
A: That’s true. A book of stamps is S25. I suppose we could use them.
   那倒是真的。一本邮票25美元。我想我们能买一本。
B: By the way. Did you remember to get the mail holding forms?
  另外。你记得拿邮件保留申请表了吗?
A: I forgot. We’ll need them to hold our mail. When we go on
vacation.
   我忘了。我们去度假时需要将邮件保留在邮局。
B: Here I’ve got one. Let’s just fill it out here.
   我这里有一张。让我们就在这里把它填好。
A: I thought you were in a hurry to go to the grocery store.
   我以为你要赶着去杂货店。
B: I am. But if we don’t fill this out here, we’ll never get back to
it.
   我是打算这样的。但是如果我们不在这里将这张表填好,我们将再也没时间
回过头来填了。
A: Good point. Do you need a pen?
   说得对。你需要钢笔吗?
B: No. there’s one right here.
   不用。这里有一支。
A: I’ll buy these stamps while you’re filling that out.
   你填表,我去将这些邮票买下来。
B: Okay. Just meet me here when you’re done.
   好的。你买好了邮票就来这里找我。

 

 

Dialogue 5:
A: I wonder why the government uses the post office for passport
services.
   我不明白为什么政府要通过邮局来进行办理护照的服务。
B: I don’t know. I think it’s because it’s one of  the most common
government offices.
   我也不知道。我想是因为邮局是最普通的政府机构之一吧。
A: That’s true. Is your application form all filled out?
   那倒是真的。你的申请表填好了吗?
B: I think so. That is an ugly picture of me. Though.
   我想是的。不过。这张照片上的我很难看。
A: Let me see. Yes. That is a pretty bad picture. Mine is just as bad.
Though.
   让我看看。真的。这真是张很差的照片。不过,我的照片也一样糟。
B: All passport pictures look bad. I look dead in mine.
   所有护照上的照片都不好看。我护照上的照片看起来就没有一点生气
A: I wish we didn’t have to wait in line.
       希望我们不用排队等候。
B: I know. We should just be able to drop this stuff off and go.
   我明白。我们应该可以将这张表投进邮简就走的。
A: It’s probably good that they look it over and see if there are any
problems.
   让邮局的人审阅一下这张表,看看有什么问题,也许会好一些。
B: I guess so. It’s just so boring standing in line.
   我想也是。不过排队是件挺无聊的事情。
A: You should be excited. We’re getting out first passports. It’s
first step towards becoming world travelers.
   你应该感到兴奋才对。我们快要拿到我们的第一本护照了。这是成为一名环
流世界的旅行家的第一步。
B: I know. Hey. Did you remember to bring your S65?
   我知道。嗨。你记得带上65美元了吗?
A: For the application fee? Yeah, I’ve got it right here.
   付申请表的钱?记得。我放在这里。
B: Hey, look. That postal worker is available. Go ahead. It’s your
turn.
   嗨,看,那位邮局职员有空了。快去,办到你了。
A: Great. This is the first real step. Europe. Here I come.
好极了。这是我真正迈出的第一步。欧洲,我来了。

评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值