Dialogue 1
A:what do you think of the new boss?
你觉得这个新老板怎么样?
B:
你是李先生吗?
A:yes,that's right.
是的,你说的对。
B:I think he's a pretty good guy,and that’s his problem.
我想他人挺好的,而那正是他的问题所在。
A:What do you mean?
你的意思是…..
B:I mean that he's too nice.He tries to be everyone's friend.
我的意思是他太好了。他想成为每个人的好朋友。
A:What's wrong with that?
那有什么问题吗?
B:Nothing,except some people don't listen to him.
没什么,只是有些人不会听他的。
A:I don't think I understand.
我不是很明白
B:He's too soft on people.That encourages some people to not do their share of the work.
和对人太和蔼了,那会引起一些人偷懒的
A:Really ?I never thought of that.
真的吗?我倒从没有想过。
B:
别误会,我以为他是个好人。
A:He's just not cut out to be a boss.
他只是不适合当老板
B:Exactly.
正是
Dialogue
2
A:Hey,where are you going?
嗨,你要去哪?
B:I borrowed this CD from David.I'm going to return it.
我向大卫借了这张CD,我正要去还给他。
A:He's got a lot of CDs,doesn't he?
他有很多CD,不是吗?
B:Yes,and he's generous with them.
是的,而且他很乐意出借。
A:I've heard about him.He seems like a pretty nice guy.
我也听说他是那样的,他似乎人挺好的。
B:I think it's just his nature.
我想他的性格就是那样。
A:Actually,I've also heard he has a bad temper.
事实上 我也听说他的脾气挺坏的。
B:Really?I hadn't heard that.
真的吗?我从没听说过。
A:Apparently,someone returned one of his CDs scratched.and he was really mad.
很明显,是有人借了他的CD,还的时候却弄花了。他便气得不得了。
B:That seems reasonable.I would be mad too.
那似乎挺合理的呀?我也会生气的不得了
A:Yeah,I guess I would ,too.He just seems so nice.it's hard to imagine him being angry.
是的,我想我也会 的,他看起来是那么好,真的很难想象他生气。
B:I'd better get going.I've still got to return this to him.
我最好还是走了。我还要把这个还给他。
A:Are you going to borrow another CD?
你打算还借一张CD吗?
B:Maybe I will ,I'll see you later.
也许会的,回头见