2013-05-11《第二十课情景对话》

Dialogue 1:
A: What are you doing this afternoon?
     今天下午你将要干什么?
B: I don't know.I'll probably do homework.
    我都不知道。可能做作业吧。
A: I have a better idea.
     我有一个更好的主意。
B: What's that?
     是什么?
A: Let's go sneak into the junkyard.
    我们偷偷溜进废品收购站。
B: I don't think that's such a good idea.
     我认为那不是个好主意。
A: Why not?
    为什么不是?
B: There's a sign outside the gate that reads"NO TRESPASSING".
      因为那门的外面有个标牌上面写着“禁止入内”。
A: So what? I said we'll sneak in,so we won't get caught.
     那又怎样?我说过我们会偷偷地进去,所以我们不会被抓到。
B: Are you worried about the dog?There's another sign which says"BEWARE OF DOG".
    你不担心那条狗吗?因为那里还有一个标牌写着“小心,有狗”。
A: You worry too much.I don't think there's really  dog.
    你太担心了。我并不认为那里真的有狗。
B: Fine.You go find out and tell me.I'm doing my homework.
     好的。你去看看再告诉我。我做我的作业。

 


Dialogue 2:
A: It sure is a sunny day.
   今天真是阳光普照。
B: Is that why you're driving so fast?
     那就是你开得这么快的原因吗?
A: Why do you say that?
    为什么那样说?
B: The speed limit here is 65 miles per hour.You are driving at 80.
     这里的速度限制是每小时65英里。你现在的速度是每小时80英里。
A: Everyone speeds.
   每个人都会超速的啦。
B: Not here.There are always a lot of police on this part of the road.
    但这里就不能。这段路总是有很多警察。
A: So what? It's a little fine.
    那又怎样?不就罚一点款罢了。
B: Actually that sign juist said "FINES DOUBLED FOR SPEEDING"which means it'll be twice  
   the normal amount.
    事实上那标记上就是写着“超速驾驶,双倍罚款”那意味着罚款的数目会等于平常的两倍。
A: Well,it's my money to worry about.
    哦,你担心的只是我的钱罢了。
B: Yes, but it's my life to worry about.Even if it weren't illegal to drive so fast.I'd  
    still want you to slow down.
     是的。但担心的还有我的性命。即使开得这么快不是违法的。我仍希望你开得慢点。
A: Fine.I'll slow down.Are you happy?
    好的。我开慢点就是了,你高兴了吧?
B: Yes,I am.Thank you.
    是的。谢谢。

 


Dialogue 3:
A: That was a good meal.
    那顿饭真丰盛。
B: Yes,it was.How about some dessert?
    是的。要点甜品吗?
A: That would be nice,but first I want to smoke this cigar.
    那很好,但我想先抽这根雪茄。
B: I don't think you should do that.
      我认为你不应该抽烟。
A: Why not? It's a nice cigar.
    为什么不抽?这是一支相当不错的雪茄。
B: In this restaurant,the sign says"NO SMOKING".
    这家餐馆里有“禁止抽烟”的标牌。
A: They can't stop me from smoking.
      他们不可以阻止我抽烟。
B: They can make you leave.Anyway,it's bad for your health.
    但他们可以请你离开。无论怎么说,那对你的健康没好处。
A: Let me worry about my own health.
       我的健康是我自己的事情。
B: It's bad for my health too,as well as for everyone else here.
     但对我的健康还有其他在这里的人的健康也不好啊。
A: Okay,okay.I'll put out the cigar.
   好的,好的。我把烟熄灭就是了。
B: Good.Now let's have some dessert.
    太好了。现在让我们叫些甜品吧。

 

 


Dialogue 4:
A: This was a good idea to go to the museum.
    来参观博物馆是个好主意。
B: Yes,we should do this more often.
    是的,我们应该多来。
A: Wow!Look at that artifact.I bet it's over a thousand years old.
    哦!看那手工艺品。,我敢打赌,它一定有一干多年的历史。
B: I'm going to take a picture.
       我去照张照片。
A: You can't.That sign says"NO PICTURES ALLOWED".
      你不可以那样做。那个标牌写着“禁止拍照”。
B: Why does it say that?Is this a secret display?
    为什么写那东西。 难道这是秘密展览?
A: No silly.The camera light damages the artifact.
    别说傻话了。照相机发出的光会损害那手工艺品。
B: Really?
    真的吗?
A: It is so old and fragile that the light and heat wear on it.
    它们又旧又容易破碎以至于光线和热量都会对它们造成磨损。
B: Then how can I get a picture?
      那我怎样才可以得到一张照片?
A: We can buy one at the gift shop on the way out.
    我们可以在沿这条路出去的那家精品店买一张。
B: What a good idea! Let's do that instead.好主意。那我们就去买一张吧。

 


Dialogue 5:
A: I'll be back in a little bit.
     我一会就回来。
B: Where did you go,honey?
    你要去哪,亲爱的?
A: We need milk.I'm going to the store.
   我们需要些牛奶。所以我得去商店。
B: Did you see the weather report?
     你看天气预报了吗?
A: No.Why? What did it say?
    没有。为什么这样问?它说了什么?
B: It said there was a snow warning tonight.I don't think you should be out driving.
      它说今晚有下雪警告。我觉得你不易开车出去。
A: That's silly.I'll be right back.
      那太可笑了。我一会儿回来。
B: The store is 30 minutes from here,at least.
    商店离这里至少需要30分钟的车程。
A: I'm a good driver.
    我是一个好司机。
B: It won't matter if the road gets slippery.
     假如路变滑了,再好也没用。
A: I'll drive slowly.
    我会开慢点。
A: You can't see through the falling snow.The news said this was a serious warning.
       在纷纷扬扬的雪花中你很难看清楚。新闻所说这是个严重警告。
B: You really don't want me to go?
       你真的不希望我出去?
A: Maybe if it was important,but we can get milk later.
     或许就算牛奶对我们很重要,但我们也可以迟点去买。
B: I guess it's not an emergency.I'll stay here then.
     我想那不是件很急的事情。那我就不出去了。

评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值