New Concept English Two 10 25

本文讲述了作者到达伦敦后与当地人的交流经历,包括在火车站向搬运工询问路线时遇到的语言障碍,以及通过不断尝试最终相互理解的过程。文章反映了即使是英语母语国家,不同地区也可能存在沟通难题。

摘要生成于 C知道 ,由 DeepSeek-R1 满血版支持, 前往体验 >

$课文23 新居

219. I had a letter from my sister yesterday.

        昨天我收到了姐姐的一封信,

220. She lives in Nigeria.

        她住在尼日利亚。

221. In her letter, she said that she would come to England next year.

        在信中她说她明年将到英国来。

222. If she comes, she will get a surprise.

        如果她来了,她会感到非常惊奇了。

223. We are now living in a beautiful new house in the country.

        我们现在住在乡间的一栋漂亮的新住宅里。

224. Work on it had begun before my sister left.

        这栋房子在我姐姐离开之前就已动工了,

225. The house was completed five months ago.

        是在5个月以前竣工的。

226. In my letter, I told her that she could stay with us.

        我在信中告诉她,她可以和我们住在一起。

227. The house has many large rooms and there is a lovely garden.

        这栋房子里有许多房间,还有一个漂亮的花园。

228. It is a very modern house, so it looks strange to some people.

        它是一栋非常现代化的住宅,因此在有些人看来很古怪。

229. It must be the only modern house in the district.

        它肯定是这个地区唯一的一栋现代化住宅。

$课文24 不幸中之万幸

230. I entered the hotel manager's office and sat down.

        我走进饭店经理的办公室,坐了下来。

231. I had just lost $50 and I felt very upset.

        我刚刚丢了50英镑,感到非常烦恼。

232. ' I left the money in my room, I said, and it' s not there now.'

        “我把钱放在房间里,”我说,“可现在没有了。”

233. The manager was sympathetic, but he could do nothing.

        经理深表同情,但却无能为力。

234. 'Everyone's losing money these days,' he said.

        “现在大家都在丢钱,”他说。

235. He started to complain about this wicked world but was interrupted by a knock at the door.

        他开始抱怨起这个邪恶的世道来,却被一阵敲门声打断了。

236. A girl came in and put an envelope on his desk.

        一个姑娘走了进来,把一个信封放在了他桌上。

237. It contained $50.

        它里面装着50英镑。

238. 'I found this outside this gentleman's room,' she said.

        “这是我在这位先生的房门外捡到的,”她说。

239. 'Well,' I said to the manager, 'there is still some honesty in this world!'

        “是啊,”我对那位经理说,“这世界上还是有诚实可言的!”

$课文25 英国人讲的是英语吗?

240. I arrived in London at last.

        我终于到了伦敦。

241. The railway station was big, black and dark.

        火车站很大,又黑又暗。

242. I did not know the way to my hotel, so I asked a porter.

        我不知道去饭店的路该怎么走,

于是向一个搬运工打听。

243. I not only spoke English very carefully, but very clearly as well.

        我的英语讲得不但非常认真,而且咬字也非常清楚。

244. The porter, however, could not understand me.

        然而搬运工却不明白我的话。

245. I repeated my question several times and at last he understood.

        我把问话重复了很多遍。他终于听懂了。

246. he answered me, but he spoke neither slowly nor clearly.

        他回答了,但他讲得既不慢也不清楚。

247. 'I am a foreigner,' I said.

        “我是个外国人,”我说。

248. Then he spoke slowly, but I could not understand him.

        于是他说得慢了,可我还是听不懂。

249. My teacher never spoke English like that!

        我的老师从来不那样讲英语!

250. The porter and I looked at each other and smiled.

        我和搬运工相视一笑。

251. Then he said something and I understood it.

        接着,他说了点什么,这回我听懂了。

252. 'You'll soon learn English!' he said.

        “ 您会很快学会英语的!”他说。

253. I wonder. In England, each person speaks a different language.

        我感到奇怪。在英国,人们各自说着一种不同的语言。

254. The English understand each other, but I don't understand them!

        英国人之间相互听得懂,可我却不懂他们的话!

255. Do they speak English?

        他们说的是英语吗?

转载于:https://www.cnblogs.com/huangbaobaoi/p/7446578.html

Now, we have a way to perceive that the user is pressing a key. We know when we want to move up, down, left, and right. We know at each iteration of the main loop exactly, what the user wants; we just have to update the circle with a new position depending on this input. This method gives us a great advantage. So finally we can write something in our update() function, namely, the movement of our player. We check which of the four Boolean member variables is true, and determine the movement accordingly. By using += (instead of =) and if (instead of else if), we implicitly handle the case where two opposite keys, such as right and left are pressed at the same time—the movement stays zero. The update() function is shown in the following code snippet: void Game::update() { sf::Vector2f movement(0.f, 0.f); if (mIsMovingUp) movement.y -= 1.f; if (mIsMovingDown) movement.y += 1.f; if (mIsMovingLeft) movement.x -= 1.f; if (mIsMovingRight) movement.x += 1.f; mPlayer.move(movement); } We introduce two new things here: a vector and the move() function on the circle shape. The move() function does what its name says, it moves the shape by the amount we provide it. Vector algebra Vectors are an important part of algebraic mathematics. They imply lots of rules and definitions, which go beyond the scope of our book. However, SFML's sf::Vector2 class template is way more practical, both in concept and functionality. To be as simple as we could possibly be, we know that a coordinate in a two-dimensional Cartesian system would need two components: x and y. Because in graphics all coordinates are expressed with the decimal float data type, sf::Vector2 is instantiated as sf::Vector2<float>, which conveniently has a typedef named sf::Vector2f. Such an object is made to contain two member variables, x and y. This makes our life simpler, because now we don't need to pass two variables to functions, as we can fit both in a single sf::Vector2f object. sf::Vector2f also defines common vector operations, such as additions and subtractions with other vectors, or multiplications and divisions with scalars (single values), effectively shortening our code.翻译,要求每行中英文对照
03-08
评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值