Nash: I have respect for beer.
纳什:我很尊敬啤酒。
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nash: In competitive behavior someone always loses.
纳什:在竞赛行为中总有人要输的。
Charles: Well, my niece knows that, John, and she's about this high.
查尔斯:好吧,我的侄女知道那个,约翰,并且她对此很清楚。
Nash: See if I derive an equilibrium where prevalence is a non-singular event where nobody loses, can you imagine the effect that would have on conflict scenarios, arm negotiations...
纳什:想想看,如果流行是非退化活动并且那儿没有人会输,我把其中的平衡拿掉,你能想象结果将导致斗争场景、武装谈判…
Charles: When did you last eat?
查尔斯:你最近一次吃东西是在什么时候?
Nash: ...currency exchange?
纳什:…货币流通?
Charles: When did you last eat? You know, food.
查尔斯:你最近一次吃东西是在什么时候?你知道,食物。
Nash: You have no respect for cognitive reverie, you know that?
纳什:你对认知的幻想并不尊敬,你知道吗?
Charles: Yes. But pizza - now, pizza I have enormous respect for. And of course beer.
查尔斯:是的。但是批萨饼,现在,批萨饼,我对其有着无比的尊敬。并且还有啤酒。
[leaves] (离开)
Nash: [throws stuff down and follows] I have respect for beer. I have respect for beer!
纳什:(把东西丢下并且跟上)我很尊敬啤酒。我很尊敬啤酒。
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hansen: Cowards, all of you. Come on. Whoever wins, Sol does his laundry for the semester.
汉森:胆小鬼们,你们大家。过来吧。谁要是赢了,索尔为他洗整个学期的衣服。
Sol: Does that seem unfair to anybody?
索尔:这样会不会对每个人都不太公平?
Bender: No, not at all.
本德:不,根本不。
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hansen: You scared?
汉森:你害怕吗?
Nash: [sarcastically] Terrified. Mortified. Petrified. Stupefied... by you.
纳什:(讽刺地)恐惧的、苦恼的、吓呆的、麻木的…被你。
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nash: I find you very attractive. Your assertiveness tells me that you feel the same way about me. But ritual remains that we must do a series of platonic actions before we can have intercourse. But all I really want to do is have sex with you as soon as possible.
纳什:我发现你非常的迷人。你的过分自信也告诉我,你对我有着同样的感觉。但是还有典礼,我们必须在我们可以交往之前,参加一系列不切实际的活动。但是我现在只想做的事情,就是立即和你做爱。
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nash: Thank you.
I've always believed in numbers ,in the equations and logics that lead to reason.
But after a lifetime of such pursuits, I ask, "What truly is logic? Who decides reason?"
My quest has taken me through the physical, the metaphysical, the delusional -- and back.
And I have made the most important discovery of my career, the most important discovery of my life: It is only in the mysterious equations of love that any logic or reasons can be found.
I'm only here tonight because of you (his wife, Alicia). You are the reason I am. You are all my reasons.
Thank you.
纳什:谢谢大家!
我一直以来都坚信数字,不管是方程还是逻辑都引导我们去思考。但是在如此追求了一生后,我问自己:“逻辑到底是什么?谁决定原由?”我的探索让我从形而下到形而上,最后到了妄想症,就这样来回走了一趟。在事业上我有了重大突破,在生命中我也找到了最重要的人:只有在这种神秘的爱情方程中,才能找到逻辑或原由来。今晚我能站在这儿全是你的功劳,你是我成功的因素,也是唯一的因素。谢谢你!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nash:Alicia,does our relationship warrant long-term commitment?I need some kind of proof,some kind of verifiable,empirical data.
纳什:艾丽西娅,我们之间的关系是否能保证长远的承诺呢?我需要一点证明,一些可以作为依据的资料。
Alicia:uh,Sorry,just give me a moment......redefine my girlish notions of romance.A proof?Verifiable data.Okay,How big is the universe?
艾丽西娅:你等等,给我一点时间...让我为自己对爱情的见解下个定义。你要证明和能作为依据的资料,好啊,告诉我宇宙有多大?
Nash: Infinite.
纳什:无限大。
Alicia: How do you know?
艾丽西娅:你怎么知道?
Nash: I know because all the data indicates it’s infinite.
纳什:因为所有的资料都是这么指示的。
Alicia: But it hasn’t been proven yet.
艾丽西娅:可是它被证实了吗?
Nash: No.
纳什:没有。
Alicia: You haven’t seen it.
艾丽西娅:有人亲眼见到吗?
Nash: No.
纳什:没有。
Alicia: How do you know for sure?
艾丽西娅:那你怎能确定呢?
Nash: I don’t, I just believe it.
纳什:不知道,我只是相信。
Alicia: It’s the same with love, I guess.
艾丽西娅:我想这和爱一样。