BEC listen and translation exercise 41

本文探讨了噪音对新曼彻斯特公园地区一处房产的影响,该地区噪音水平高达67分贝,远超55分贝的标准阈值。文中提出了针对高噪音环境的房屋改建方案,包括使用实心木门等措施,预计每栋房屋将因此增加2.5万美元的成本。

Its advantages are that it can be used for outside activities

So my recommendation I'm afraid would have to be to avoid this one.
恐怕我的建议得是避免这一个。

This is a fake video camera which you fix to your wall to scare off burglars.
这是一个假摄像机,你可以把它固定在墙上,吓走窃贼

On the down side, it was quite difficult to fix to the wall.

It works by squeezing the handle to generate the power.
它的工作方式是挤压把手产生电力。

However, burglary is such a major problem these days that it is worth the effort, so this gets my strong recommendation.

I was just very anxious to hear what you think of it.

You can see that I decided to change the topic.

There's still lots of work to be done.

How long did you work on the whole thing?

Well, I spent about two or three weeks reading and doing general research and then I dashed the writing off very quickly.
嗯,我读书和做基本研究花了两到三个星期,然后匆匆地把它写好了。

You've got a while yet to make the changes.

I can see why you put it there but it really isn't relevant to the approach you've taken.
我能理解你为什么把它放那儿,但是这真的和你采取的方法无关。

Now, there are a couple of other books I'd like you to look at.

And then I think you need to think about ways of representing interview data.
然后我认为需要想想呈现采访数据的方法。

I think I'm all set now! Thanks very much for all your help.

Today we are going to look into the effects of noise on a planned housing estate in a particularly difficult part of the new Manchester Park area.
今天我们要研究下噪音对一处筹建中的房产的影响,该房产位于新曼彻斯特公园地区一个尤其困难的地方。

This site is not as bad as some I have researched in the past.
这个地方没有我以前研究过的一些地方那么糟糕。

The only noise after dark is from the highway.

So, the people most affected by the noise will be, I expect, housewives.
所以,我估计受噪音影响最大的将会是家庭主妇。

The modifications I am about to outline will add about $25,000 to the price of a newly-built house.
我即将概述的一项改动会让一处新建的房子增值约2.5万美元。

That will still mean a cheaper house than in a less noisy and more desirable area.

I understand that you are all familiar with the proposed development site at Manchester Park.

As you all know, the normal noise threshold for private housing is 55 decibels.
你们都知道,私人住房的噪声阈值是55分贝。

At this site the levels have been recorded as high as 67 decibels.

The construction of the houses has to be somewhat modified from houses in most areas.

All exterior doors in this especially noisy pocket will have to be solid core wood doors with hinges.
在特别嘈杂的区域,所有外部的门必须是有带有铰链的实心木门。

Well, we are lucky here obviously, because we're able to say that all our visits are less than three hours drive.

探险者靠吃豆子和米饭这些单调的食物为生。
The explorer live on a monotonous diet of bean and rice.

Well, since you did so well in your first assignment, I'm prepared to give you an extra two weeks for this one.
那么,既然你的第一份任务完成得如此出色,我已经准备好在这一份任务上给你额外两周时间。

This was an explosion of a large oil tanker which cost the loss of more than fifty lives of the crew.
这是一起大型油轮爆炸事故,导致超过五十名船员丧生。

By planting a belt of trees at the side of the road, you can make things a little quieter but much of the vehicle noise still goes through the trees.
通过在路边种植绿化带,你可以让降低噪音,但是仍有很多车辆的噪音会穿过树木。

There may be a huge amount of family pressure on you to succeed.
可能你的家人希望你成功,给你的压力太大。

Good afternoon everybody and welcome to Riverside Industrial Village.
大家下午好,欢迎来到滨河工业村。

It includes illegal acts of either individuals or a group within the company.
在这个公司内个人和团体都存在违法行为。

Well last academic year in spite of staff cuts, we counselled 240 international students for a total of 2600 hours' counselling.
虽然我们进行了裁员,但上个学年我们总共为240名国际学生提供了咨询服务,咨询时长共计2600小时。

I really want to spend some time in the Art Gallery because they've got this wonderful painting by Rembrandt that I always want to see.
我真的很想在这个艺术展里待会儿,因为其中有我一直想看的伦布兰特的杰出画作。

They said the problem would be fixed in a few minutes so I waited.

The reason that high buildings make it windier at ground level, is that as the wind goes higher and higher, it goes faster and faster.
高楼会让地面风变大的原因是,风吹得越来越高,风速就越来越快。

People moving because they want to be in a more attractive neighbourhood.
人们搬家的原因是他们希望处在更有吸引力的邻里环境中。

For example, it tends to be underreported in comparison with conventional crime in news broadcasts and in crime serials and films and so on.
比如,与新闻报道、犯罪电视剧以及电影等等的传统犯罪相比,对这种犯罪的报道大多不够充分。

Well the exchange rate was looking healthy but when I went to the teller they told me the computer system was temporarily down.
嗯,汇率走势看起来很稳定,然而当我到了出纳员那儿,他们告诉我电脑系统暂时故障了。

By the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, the region's rivers supported more than a hundred and sixty water mills.
到了十七和十八世纪,这片区域的河流驱动了超过一百六十座水磨坊。

Trees, on the other hand, remain cooler than buildings because they sweat.
另一方面,由于树木会蒸发水分,它们的温度比建筑低。

Now, I'm going to give you a plan of the site and I'd just like to point out where everything is and then you can take a look at everything for yourself.
那么,我要给你的浏览地点作个规划。我只想指明所有事物的地点,这样你就能自己转转所有地方了。

Corporate crime is crime which as the name suggests, is connected with companies, with business organizations.
法人犯罪正如其名,与公司以及商业组织相关。

I've had a coffee and I've been reading this guidebook for tourists.
我已经喝了杯咖啡,并一直在读这本游客指南。

Trees need water to grow, they also need some sunlight to grow, and you need room to put them.

转载于:https://www.cnblogs.com/huangbaobaoi/p/8383489.html

当前,全球经济格局深刻调整,数字化浪潮席卷各行各业,智能物流作为现代物流发展的必然趋势和关键支撑,正迎来前所未有的发展机遇。以人工智能、物联网、大数据、云计算、区块链等前沿信息技术的快速迭代与深度融合为驱动,智能物流不再是传统物流的简单技术叠加,而是正在经历一场从自动化向智能化、从被动响应向主动预测、从信息孤岛向全面互联的深刻变革。展望2025年,智能物流系统将不再局限于提升效率、降低成本的基本目标,而是要构建一个感知更全面、决策更精准、执行更高效、协同更顺畅的智慧运行体系。这要求我们必须超越传统思维定式,以系统化、前瞻性的视角,全面规划和实施智能物流系统的建设。本实施方案正是基于对行业发展趋势的深刻洞察和对未来需求的精准把握而制定。我们的核心目标在于:通过构建一个集成了先进感知技术、大数据分析引擎、智能决策算法和高效协同平台的综合智能物流系统,实现物流全链路的可视化、透明化和智能化管理。这不仅是技术层面的革新,更是管理模式和服务能力的全面提升。本方案旨在明确系统建设的战略方向、关键任务、技术路径和实施步骤,确保通过系统化部署,有效应对日益复杂的供应链环境,提升整体物流韧性,优化资源配置效率,降低运营成本,并最终为客户创造更卓越的价值体验。我们致力于通过本方案的实施,引领智能物流迈向更高水平,为构建现代化经济体系、推动高质量发展提供强有力的物流保障。
评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值