2013-05-05《第十六课情景对话》

本文通过五组日常对话展示了人们在税收用途、度假地点选择、饮食口味偏好、体育兴趣及活动安排、以及应对迟到情况时的不同观点与解决方案。

摘要生成于 C知道 ,由 DeepSeek-R1 满血版支持, 前往体验 >

Dialogue 1:

A: I don't think our taxes get anything good for us.
    我觉得我们納的税对我们一点好处都没有。
B: What do you mean? The state just gave another $4 million to schools.
     你在说什么?政府不是刚投入四百万美元到教育上吗?
A: I don't think that money does any good.
    但我觉得那笔钱一点用都没有。
B: I disagree completely. Do you think schools can be run for free?
    我一点也不同意你的说法。难道你认为学校没有资金可以运作吗?
A: They can be run for much cheaper.
    但它们不需要那么多钱。
B: The result would be that children would be less educated.
    如果那样的话,就会造成孩子们缺乏教育。
A: Not true. They spend a lot of that money on useless programs.   
    不对。他们把很多钱用在无用的计划上。
B: That money is going to buy more computers for the classrooms.
    那笔钱是用来给教室装设电脑的。
A:  So? We didn't have computers in school. We can still read and write.
     真的?过去我们学校也没有电脑。但我们照样能读会写。
B: That was twenty years ago. The world today depends on computers.
    那是20年前的事了。当今的世界依赖电脑。
A: They can learn about computers from their parents, at home.
    他们可以在家里从他们的父母那里学习电脑。

 

 


Dialogue 2:

A: I think we should go to Mexico for vacation.
    我认为我们应该去墨西哥度假。
B: I disagree. I think we should go to Canada.
    不同意。我认为我们应该去加拿大。
A: Canada will still be cold this time of year.
     加拿大这个时候仍然还很冷。
B: It will be cool, but not cold.
    那叫凉爽,不叫冷。
A: It will be too cold for me.
    对我来说太冷了。
B: Mexico will be too hot for me.
     墨西哥对我来说太热了。
A: We can't go to both places.
    那我们两个地方都别去了。
B: Why don't we go later in the year?
    为什么不迟一点再去呢?
A: What good will that do?
    那又有什么不同?
B: Canada will be warmer in a few months, but not too warm for me.
    因为过几个月后加拿大就会变暖和,但对我来说又不会太热。
A: Yes, then we can both be happy. I think that's a good idea.
    对,那样对我们俩都会高兴。我想那是个好主意。
B: I'm glad you agree.
    我很高兴你能同意。

 

 


Dialogue 3:

A: I'm hungry. Do you want to get something to eat?
    我很饿。你要不要弄点吃的?
B: Yes, that would be nice. What kind of food do you want?
    好的,那很好。你想吃什么?
A: I was thinking of having Mexican food.
    我正考虑吃墨西哥菜。
B: I don't like Mexican food at all.
    我一点也不喜欢吃墨西哥菜。
A: Why not? It's so good.
    为什么不喜欢吃?很好吃的。
B: It's too spicy and it's not healthy.   
    太辣了,不利健康。
A: I disagree. That's not true at all.
    我不同意。事实完全不是那样的。
B: What do you mean? Of course it's true.
    你说什么?当然是真的。
A: It's healthy than a lot of American food, such as hamburgers.   

    那比许多美式食物都健康多了,例如汉堡包。
B: It's still too spicy.
    但那还是太辣了。
A: Come and try some. I know this place where much of the food is not spicy.
    试试吧,我知道一个地方,那里的很多事物都不辣。
B: Okay. I'll give it a try.
    好的。那我们就试试吧。
A: Good. I'm glad we see eye to eye.
    太棒了。我很高兴我们俩的意见一致。

 

 


Dialogue 4:

A: Do you want to come over and watch the ball game?
    你想过来看球赛吗?
B: No, I'd rather do some reading for class. I don't like baseball.
    不了。我宁愿读读课文,我不喜欢看棒球。
A: I suppose that's because you're a girl.
    我猜可能是因为你是女孩的缘故吧。
B: Don't be ridiculous. I like football and basketball.
    别那么可笑。我喜欢足球和篮球。
A: Then why do you not like baseball?
    那你为什么不喜欢棒球?
B: Baseball is boring. It doesn't have much action.
    棒球太无聊了,没多少动作。
A: I disagree completely. Do you think a home run is boring?
    我一点也不同你的说法。难道你认为全垒打很无聊吗?
B: How often does that happen in a game?
    一场比赛中又有多少次全垒的呢?
A: How often does a goal happen in soccer? It's the same thing.     
    那一场足球赛中又有多少次射门呢?还不是一样?
B: At least in soccer everyone is moving.
    但至少踢足球时每个人都在运动。
A: Baseball can be interesting, once  you learn about it.
     一旦你学会了棒球,你就会觉得棒球很有趣了。
B: Maybe so, but I'd rather not take the time to learn.
    可能会吧,但我不想花时间去学。
A: So you agree it could be interesting?
     那你同意棒球很有趣了?
B: No, I just don't care. let me know the next time you watch a basketball game.
    不,我只是不在乎。下次你看球赛时通知我。
A: Okay, suit yourself.
    好的,那随便你。

 

 


Dialogue 5:

A: What took you so long? I've been waiting for an hour for our tennis match.
    什么东西让你忙了那么久?我在这儿足足等了你1小时来打我们的网球赛了。
B: I'm sorry. Traffic was awful. I got stuck.         
    对不起,交通很繁忙,塞车了。
A: Did you go through downtown?   

    你经过市中心了吗?
B: Yes. They've building that new stadium.   

    是的。那儿刚刚建了一个新体育馆。
A: I know, and the construction is slowing down the traffic.  

    我知道,建设使交通变慢了。
B: The worst thing about it is we don't even need the stadium.
    最糟糕的就是我们根本不需要这个体育馆。
A: I couldn't agree with you more.
     我很你赞同你的观点。
B: The mayor thinks it will be good for the city, but we don't even have a sports team.   

    市长认为对那城市有好处,但我们连一个体育队都没有。
A: I guess he thinks it will attract a team.
    我猜他可能觉得拿那会吸引一个体育队。
B: That's a pretty big risk to take.
    那要冒很大的险。
A: Yes, I agree. I don't  understand  it at all.
    是的。我同意。我一点也不理解他们为啥那样想。
B: Well, I suppose I should stay out of the downtown area.   

    我认为我不该呆在市中心。
A: Probably so. Anyway, let's go play tennis.
    可能是吧。无论如何,我们打网球吧。
B: Good idea. Let's go.
    好主意。我们走吧。

评论
添加红包

请填写红包祝福语或标题

红包个数最小为10个

红包金额最低5元

当前余额3.43前往充值 >
需支付:10.00
成就一亿技术人!
领取后你会自动成为博主和红包主的粉丝 规则
hope_wisdom
发出的红包
实付
使用余额支付
点击重新获取
扫码支付
钱包余额 0

抵扣说明:

1.余额是钱包充值的虚拟货币,按照1:1的比例进行支付金额的抵扣。
2.余额无法直接购买下载,可以购买VIP、付费专栏及课程。

余额充值