Dialogue
A: hey. That’s a nice car.
嗨!那辆车不错啊!
B: where?
在哪里?
A: there. It’s parked across the street next to the post
office.
那里,它停在街对面的邮局旁边。
B:Oh. Yeah. I see it.
哦!是的,我看见了。
A:It’s a real beauty. It must be an antique.
真是一辆漂亮的车,这一定是辆古董车。
B:It has to be. What is it? A Chevrolet?
一定是。是什么牌子的车呢?是辆雪弗兰吗?
A:Yes. I think so. I’m not sure what year. Though.
对,我想是的。虽然我不敢肯定是哪一年出的。
B:I’m pretty certain it’s a 1968 or 1969.
我敢肯定是1968年或1968年出产的。
A:What makes you say that?
为什么说得这么肯定?
B:I think my uncle may have had a car like that.
我想我叔叔也曾有过一辆这样的车。
A:Well. Whatever it is. It’s definitely a great car.
好了,不管它是什么牌子的,它绝对是一辆很棒的车。
DIALOGUE
A:Are you having a good time at the zoo?
你在动物园玩得开心吗?
B:Yeah. Dad. What is that animal? Is it a tiger?
开心,爸爸。那是什么动物?是只老虎吗?
A:It’s like a tiger. It’s a leopard.
它看起来像老虎,但它是一头豹子。
B:It looks scary with those big teeth. Why does it have
spots?
它的大牙齿看起来挺吓人的,它们身上为什么有斑点呢?
A:Those spots help it hide in the jungle.
这些斑点帮助它在丛林里藏身。
B:What is that. Dad?
那是什么?爸爸。
A:That’s a monkey. The sign says that this is a spider
monkey.
那是只猴子,标牌上说这是只蜘蛛猴。
B: It’s funny looking.
它看起来很滑稽。
A:They’re similar to people in some ways.
它们在某些地方与人相似。
B:I wish I could climb like a monkey.
但愿我能像猴一样会爬树。
A:Sometimes I think you can.
有时我觉得你可以的。
B:What is that in the water?
爸爸,那水里面的是什么?
A:That is a crocodile.
那是鳄鱼。
B:It looks scarier than the leopard. Does it eat people?
它看起来比豹子更吓人,鳄鱼吃人吗?
A:Yes! It does. In Africa it eats many people.
吃!在非洲,鳄鱼吃了许多人。
B:Wow! Really? I don’t want it to eat me.
哇!真的吗?我不想它把我吃掉。
A:Then don’t go in near it. Just look at it. Isn’t it
amazing?
那你就别走近它,看一看就好了。你不觉得它很不可思议吗?
B:It’s like a dinosaur. I like the zoo. Dad.
它就像一头恐龙,我喜欢动物园,爸爸。
A:I’m glad you do. I like the zoo, too.
我很高兴你喜欢,我也很喜欢动物园。
DIALOGUE
A:I’m glad you came with me to meet my family.
我很高兴你跟我一起来见我的家人。
B:It’s no problem. But I can’t remember all these names.
这没什么大不了的,但我记不全所有这些名字。
A:I don’t expect you to. Just remember the important names.
我并不指望你都记得,只记住一些重要的名字就够了。
B:I’ll try. Who’s that man?
我尽力而为吧,那个男的是谁?
A:The one with the beard。
留胡子的那位?
B:Yes. That one!
是的,就是那位!
A:That is my Uncle Sam.
那是我的叔叔萨姆。
B:I met him earlier. He’s a nice guy. Who’s the woman with the
black dress?
我以前见过他,他人挺好的,穿黑裙子那位女的是谁?
A:That is my cousin. Amy. Isn’t she good looking?
那是我表妹艾米,你不觉得她长得很好看吗?
B:Yes. She is. She’s got a loud laugh. Who’s that man with the
glasses?
的确很好看,她笑起来够大声的。戴眼镜的那位男的是谁?
A:That is another cousin. His name is Edgar.
那是另一位表亲,他的名字叫埃德加。
B:He seems kind of strange.
他看起来有点古怪。
A:He is strange. He’s a writer.
他是很古怪,他是一位作家。
B:It helps to be strange if you’re a writer.
行为古怪对作家可是有利的。
A:It probably does. I hope you’re not bored here around my
family.
也许是这样吧!我希望你跟我的家人呆在一起不会感到很无聊。
B:Not at all. Your family is very interesting.
一点也不,你的家庭很有趣。
DIALOGUE
A:Thank you for coming. Mrs. Powell.
谢谢你的到来,鲍威尔夫人。
B:It’s my pleasure. I hope I can help with your
investigation.
这是我的荣幸,我希望能为你们的调查帮点忙。
A:I have some pictures that I want to show you.
我有一些照片想拿给你看。
B:Do you think one of these men in the pictures was the one who
robbed me?
你认为照片中这些人当中的某一位就是抢劫我的那个人吗?
A:I was hoping you could tell me that.
我正希望你来告诉我。
B:Okay! Let me have a look.
好吧!我来看一看。
A:Here you go. These are pictures of robbers.
你看吧,这些是抢劫犯的照片。
B:None of these men look familiar to me.
这些人我看起来都不眼熟。
A:Just take your time. There are a lot of photographs.
慢慢来,照片有很多。
B:Wait. I know this face. This is the man.
等一下,我认得这张脸,就是这个人。
A:Are you sure? This one right here!
你肯定吗?就是这里这个人!
B:I’m positive. Do you see his large eyes? I remember those eyes
very clearly.
我肯定。你看到他的这双大眼睛了吗?我对这双眼睛记得很清楚。
A:Does he still look like this?
他还是像这照片上的样子吗?
B:His face looked a little thinner. But it’s the same man.
照片上他的脸看起来要廋一点,但的确是同一个人。
A:This is very good. Hopefully. We can find this man soon.
很好,希望我们能很快抓住这个人。
B:I’m glad I could help.
很高兴我能帮上忙。
DIALOGUE
A:I really like the atmosphere of this place.
我的确很喜欢这个地方的气氛。
B:It’s very authentic Korean.
这是非常正宗的韩国风味。
A:Oh. Look. Our food is here.
噢!看,我们的菜来了。
B:This stuff looks pretty good. It smells good too.
这道菜看起来挺不错的,闻起来也很香。
A:I have no idea what this food is. I’m glad you ordered for
me.
我不知道这道菜是什么,很高兴你为我点了。
B:Do you recognize this?
你认得这是什么吗?
A:It looks like meat. That’s all I can say.
看起来像肉类,我只知道这么多了。
B:It’s barbecue beef. The Koreans really like barbecue.
这是烧烤牛肉,韩国人确实喜欢烧烤。
A:What is this stuff?
这东西是什么?
B:That’s a kind of bean. I can’t remember the Korean name for
it.
那是一种豆子,我不记得它的韩国名字了。
A:This all looks very good. We need something to drink.
Though.
所有这些看起来都很棒,但我们需要点饮料。
B:They have excellent Japanese beer here.
这里有上佳的日本啤酒。
A:I’ve had Japanese beer. Let’s get a pitcher.
我喝过日本啤酒,我们来一楂吧。
B:That will go well with the barbecue.
那酒配烤肉好极了。
A:I’ll get our waitress’s attention.
我来叫侍者拿给我们。