A:Hello, this is Xiao Wang. May I speak to Marry?
你好,我是小王。我能和玛丽讲话吗?
B:Hi, Xiao Wang. This is Mary. How are you doing?
嗨,小王,我就是玛丽。你好吗?
A:I'm fine, thank you. I've received the scholarship to study in Calorfornia. I'm going there.
我很好,谢谢你。我得到了加利福尼亚大学的奖学金。要去那儿学习。
B:Really? Congratulations! When do you plan to leave?
真的?祝贺你!你打算什么时候走?
A:This September. But I have to apply for a visa first. I want to know what procedures I have to go through. That’s why I’m calling you.
今年九月。不过我得先申请签证。我想知道我得通过哪些手续。这就是我打电话的原因。
B:Well, first, you can telephone or write to the American embassy to tell them about your case. I think they will ask you to fill out some forms.
嗯,你可以先给美国使馆打电话或写信。告诉他们你的情况,我想他们会让你填一些表格。
A:OK, that's not complicated.
好的,那不复杂。
B:Actually I guess you will have to go to the embassy in person and talk to the officers there.
实际上我估计你还得亲自去使馆和那儿的官员谈一谈。
A:Well, then I should get ready for it.
噢,那我就得做好准备了。
B:Yeah, I think so.Good luck.
对。我想是的。祝你好运。
A:Thank you for your help. I'll call you later.
谢谢你的帮助我以后给你打电话。
B:Ok. Bye.
好的。再见。
A:Ok. Bye.
好的。再见。
C:What's your name, please?
请问你叫什么名字?
D:Wang Yongmei.
王永梅。
C:Why are you applying for a visa?
你为什么申请答证?
D:I want to immigrate to the States because my daughter works and lives there.
我想移民去美国因为我女儿在那儿生活工作。
C:How long has your daughter been in the States?
你女儿在美国多长时间了?
D:About nine years.
大约九年了。
C:What's her job?
他是做什么工作的?
She is a teacher in a high school. She teaches Chinese.
她是一个中学老师,她教中文。
Ok, thank you. Could you please fill out this form?
好的。谢谢你。你能填一下这张表格吗?
All right.
好的。