某国记者:
Do you know your wife’s wish? 

你知道你太太的愿望吗? 

日本男人:
Yes, maybe she hopes I can die as soon as possible. 

是的,也许她希望我能够尽快地死去。 

某国记者:
Why do you say so? You are incompatible with her? 

你为什么这么说呢?你们感情不合? 

日本男人:
No, it is because she can get better life after my death. 

不,这是因为我死后她能够有更好的生活。 

某国记者:
Could you please explain? Normally we think women lose husband will have a poor life. 

你能够解释一下吗?通常我们认为失去了丈夫的女人生活都比较差。 

日本男人:
It is not correct in Japan. After my death my wife can get my life insurance benefit, it is more than USD one million. 

这在日本是不正确的。我死后我的妻子可以得到我的生命保险金,有一百多万美金。 

某国记者:
Wow, quite a lot, and then what about your mortgage? 

哇,这么多,那么你们的房贷呢? 

日本男人:
There is no necessary to give bank any money because I borrow the money and I die, also my wife will get the ownership of the house. 

没有必要还房贷了, 因为我是借款人,我死了,同时我的太太可以得到房子的所有权。 

某国记者:
But she still need to bring up your children, it will be a lot of money. 

但是她还需要养育你们的孩子, 这也会要一大笔钱。 

日本男人:
Don’t worry. Our government will give family allowance until my children aged 18. 

别担心。 我们政府会发家庭津贴,直到我的孩子18岁。 

某国记者:
Then I can understand. To Japanese women lose husband means serve one less people and get a lot of money. 

那么我理解了。对日本妇女而言失去丈夫意味着少伺候一个人和得到一大笔钱。
转载于:https://blog.51cto.com/stdiv/340168